|Posted on November 29, 2014 at 3:20 PM||comments (1)|
Madison’s Top 10 ways to grow out your hair:
We all can relate to that moment we see someone’s hair –healthy and lustrous, and then we go into a mini-depression and start cursing our genes, lifestyle and our ignorance towards the secrets of healthy hair. Here are my top 10 ways on how to get healthy long hair. If you follow them religiously you will be amazed!
• Vitamin B12: poultry, meat, fish and dairy products.
• Vitamin E: cereals, nuts, tomato, spinach, pumpkin, broccoli, fish, mango and papaya.
• processed cheese, beans and mushrooms.
• Zinc: oysters, dark chocolate, cocoa powder, mutton, peanuts and legumes.
• Biotin: brown rice, green peas, egg yolk, oats, cheese and soy beans.
• Iron: beets, soy beans, spinach ,lentils , almonds and chicken.
• Proteins: eggs, milk , fish, chicken and tofu.
2.Massage: Head massage stimulates blood circulation in the scalp and hence gives a wake-up call for the hair to grow.
3.NO heat, or as little as possible: Use heat styling tools such as the blow dryer, hair iron, curling iron as infrequently as possible. And before using them, please do use a good heat protectant.
4. Right shampoo: Always use a shampoo according to your hair type and not because it is the talk of the town. Even if your scalp is oily, don’t wash it every day. Doing this strips the hair of it’s natural oils which aid in healthy scalp and hair.
5. Chlorine protection: Don’t forget to wear a good quality swimming cap before entering the pool, because the chlorine in the water will damage your hair. You can also wet your hair and keep conditioner in your hair underneath the cap. The conditioner will act as a buffer if your hair does get wet. As soon as you step out of the pool, wash your hair immediately.
6. Combing & Brushing correctly: Always make sure that if your hair is wet and really tangled, use a leave-in product or an oil and detangle your hair in sections from bottom to top. If your hair is dry try to avoid brushing altogether but if you have to just start at the ends to ensure the least amount of breakage.
7. Trimming: Ideally, you should trim hair once in 6-8 weeks or else you’ll end up with dry/unhealthy hair tips. This is an essential way to grow hair faster.
8. Coloring: It doesn’t matter whether you color your hair naturally or with chemical colors, it’s definitely going to damage your hair. So you have to take special care for chemically or naturally treated hair. Weekly deep conditioning treatments are one of the best ways to keep your hair healthy.
9. Conditioning: Conditioning your hair should also be done according to the hair type. Oily hair requires a very mild conditioner while dry hair requires a rich and hydrating or leave-in conditioner. And the treated hair requires a conditioner that is reconstructive.(Come in for Pink's signature banana coconut cream treatment once every 2 weeks for amazing conditioning benefits)
10. Water: Drink 10-12 glasses of water a day for all of the obvious reasons but also because it is a huge aid in helping you grow healthy hair. In reality, natural ways will only help you grow your hair thicker & more beautiful than conventional chemical products.